Friday, July 31, 2015

Schoolhouse Birthday

We are celebrating my nephew's birthday on Sunday and I needed a card for him (because apparently none of the forty-some birthday cards I already have lying around will do...ha!). I have been in a slump with creating, so I took my little burst of motivation and ran with it.

One thing I am discovering as I continue to seek out what it means to "let go and hold on" (see Monday's post) is that sometimes the process of creating a card just takes me way too much time. I feel like I have to have every little piece in the perfect place and by the end of my creative session I am drained...and honestly, frustrated with the process. Being a perfectionist does have its disadvantages! Today I exercised my ability to just put something on paper and be happy with it without going through a rigorous process of deciding whether I like this or that. What a great feeling to get er done in a snap!  And it helps a ton that I like the final product! ;)

First I simply grabbed my favorite Designer Series Paper pack called Schoolhouse. Such fun prints!! Next I searched Pinterest really quick for a card sketch that would get me going in the right direction. Then I grabbed a stamp set I knew would be great for an 8 year old birthday boy and before I knew it...I was done! Quick, easy, painless...and fun!! 

Schoolhouse DSP (#138187) - $11.00


Stamp Sets
Celebrate Today
Ink
Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Black Archival Ink (NEW!!)
Paper
Whisper White, Pacific Point, Schoolhouse DSP
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, White Baker's Twine, Epoxy Stickers
 Tools
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Balloon Framelits, Paper Snips

http://ssinkspiration.blogspot.com/2015/07/friday-favorites.html
 Be sure to head on over to SSINK for more Friday Favorites!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Don't forget to come join my new Facebook group to keep up-to-date and interact with me about all things stamping! https://www.facebook.com/groups/stuckonstampin/

3 comments :

vicki said...

Cute card! Great job for being motivated and letting go.

Elisha said...

Oh my gosh!! This is a GREAT card! Thank you so much for the inspiration:-)

SuDonna112244 said...

super cute Heidi!!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14