Friday, April 10, 2015

Storage Solutions - sneak peek of my craft room!

Back in November I decided to do a little switcheroo of my craft room. OK, let's be honest...it turned out to be a BIG switcheroo. I brought it all from an upstairs room to the downstairs office space right off the front entry. Now we have the office (and added some desks for the kids) upstairs where my old craft room used to be. It has made an AMAZING difference, especially with the events I hold in my home on a monthly basis. Having easy access to this room is so nice!

The color scheme of my new craft room is gray, aqua(ish), and yellow. Obviously you can't really see the color scheme in the picture below, but hopefully at some point I can give you a tour of the ENTIRE room, but for right now I wanted to share with you a couple of storage solutions (join us over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration for more storage solutions from some of the other desingers!)

One of my biggest storage solution saver has been using rods for the wall where I can store my punches on. The bottom (silver) row of rods can still be found at IKEA. The top two (black) rods have since been discontinued from IKEA. Those were my favorite ones!

You can also see to the right of the picture I have a 12x12 paper rack that holds all of my current Stampin' Up! DSP (on the top rows) and *some* of my retired DSP on the bottom rows (can't see in picture). I have another place for all the rest of my retired DSP...so don't be fooled that this is all! ;) It's hard to tell in the picture because I cropped it off, but it does go all the way to the ground. I keep the paper in the plastic to avoid any dust settling and I slip all of my loose scraps inside. I also write the name of each DSP on top of the plastic in Sharpie, so I can see it easily.

You can also see in the picture I have more of the large size punches in a shelf on the wall (on the left) and I use my ink pad carousel for all my ink pads and re-inkers.


A couple of other quick storage solutions...

I store all of my pre-made cards in this fun wire rack that I found at a garage sale. I made labeled dividers for each kind of cards, so I can easily see which card I need (I have a separate rack for holidays). I put this out at my events and it makes it easy for my guests to look through to find just the right card if they need to buy one!


And this is how I store my Framelits. Each set is placed in Clear Mount Cases (which you can purchase empty through Stampin' Up!). I have magnets in each of them to hold the Framelits in place. To the far right you will see my embossing folders. I keep them in a holder that can be used for pamphlets and such. I originally purchased it for our mini catalogs (back in the day) when they were that size, but when we upgraded to the larger size I found a new use for the holder!


Please let me know if you have any other questions or are curious about anything you see! I hope to create another post of my craft room in much more detail...and a look at the entire room...in the future!

Free shipping ends TODAY!
Visit my website at heidiboos.stampinup.net to place your order!

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14