Thursday, February 19, 2015

Quick & Easy with Washi Tape!

I needed one more card for my monthly card making night last night and since my first three cards had a few more extra steps, I knew that my fourth card needed to be a little more simple. So as I went into planning mode for this card I knew it needed to be QUICK & EASY

{We are sharing quick and easy cards over at the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration, so head on over to see some more designs you can put together in a snap!}

To help with my design, I headed over to Freshly Made Sketches for their sketch of the week (FMS174). Once I saw it, I KNEW it was going to help me put together my quick and easy card!


When I saw that diagonal stripe, I instantly thought of WASHI TAPE! Washi tape is the perfect embellishment you can use to create a quick card...and it goes such a long way! The best part is that you can fold the ends of the washi tape over the edges of the card. Voila! Hidden and no need for scissors to trim off the ends!


Stamp Sets
Flower Shop, Gorgeous Grunge, Remembering Your Birthday
Ink
Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Memento Black Ink
Paper
Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Pearl Accents, Sweet Sadie Washi Tape
 Tools
Pansy Punch

3 comments :

debs2107 said...

Love the combination of the colors!

Jen Mitchell said...

Yep, washi tape to the rescue! What a great way to create a slanted layer and give it some color too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just gorgeous! Your use of washi is such a fabulous idea and your colour choices are perfect. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14