Wednesday, February 11, 2015

2015 Class Valentines

Today my kids have their class Valentine's Day parties, so in true Heidi-fashion I waited until the last minute, so the kids and I "whipped up" their valentines just yesterday! The kids had already picked out their candy over the weekend, so it was all about figuring out what we were going to create! Once we figured out the design, it was easy to create an assembly line. And, yes...I could have just picked out some store bought valentines, but I have a whole room of fun supplies just waiting to be used and couldn't resist getting a little creative with my kids!

My little first grader lasted through punching all the hearts, attaching the Airheads to the cards, and writing "from Austin" on all 25 valentines! Then it was off to play and I finished the rest after he went to bed. :)

I combined some old products with new to create these valentines. I used a Marina Mist cardstock and used the Cloudy Day embossing folder from last Spring's Occasions Catalog. I used Celebrate Today to stamp the balloon using Tangerine Tango ink (his color choice!) and die cut them out with the coordinating balloon framelits. "You send me soaring!" was from a stamp set a couple of years ago. The little hearts are from the itty bitty punch pack. We attached the Airheads with glue dots. I added a little bit of white cotton twine for the balloon string.


The next group of valentines were made by my sweet little 3rd grader! She LOVES to create with me, so she pretty much took care of everything. Together we decided on what she wanted her valentines to look like (something to go with the Starburst candies she chose!) After I created and printed off the words and cut them into the right measurements, she did all the rest! I didn't snap a picture of her until she was pretty much done with her assembly line.

This idea is not originally mine (hello, Pinterest!) I loved the design idea of THIS VALENTINE I found online, but figured I could create it Stampin' Up! style. The black and white stripes is from the Stacked with Love Washi Tape from the Occasions Catalog. For the words, I just got on the computer and created it in Word. The star is punched out using a retired star punch (but you could always use the Star Framelits!) Mikayla and I both loved how these turned out!

Another fun year of creating valentines with my kids!

3 comments :

Scrap said...

ohhh very nice !
you are so creative

happy Valentine Day

barb mann said...

Heidi, These Valentines are adorable and charming! You have such amazing ideas. I can see your children have tons of fun crafting with mom! Way to go. I see little SU demonstrators on the horizon.

Tricia said...

So cute! My six-year old and I just finished his valentines tonight. We used the "Hey, Valentine" set and gave gold candy coins for the Pirate image and Goldfish crackers with the fish image. I found a huge box of Crayola crayons on clearance at Target, so we also gave each child 4 crayons to color their stamped image. My son thought his friends would enjoy coloring them. Anyway, just thought I'd share. Isn't it the greatest to be able to share your love of crafting with your kids!?! Tell your kiddos they are great little artists like their mom :)

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14