Sunday, September 7, 2014

the creation station blog hop - tags galore


It's the 1st Sunday of the month and that means it's time for another blog hop with The Creation Station! We've got a small group today, but I still hope that you are inspired by what we have to share with you. If you have already been following the hop, you probably came here from Sara's blog.

For today's hop we were able to choose from the following (any or all):
1. Any alphabet stamp from the current catalogs.
2. Theme: Alphabet stamps!
3. Accessory: Tags Punches and/or Dies ~ What fun and creative things can we do with them? Or can you use dies that you wouldn't think could make a tag?

Well...I have to admit something. I don't own any alphabet stamps. Eek!! I know, right? That shouldn't be allowed, but it's true. I am sure that after seeing some of the projects the rest of the designers create I will definitely want to invest in a set (or two!) So, without an alphabet stamp set I was left to consider the third option and that was to work with making tags.

Before I dove into my creation, I wanted to have a PURPOSE for making this tag. So many times I make something to share on the blog, but never end up actually having a plan of who to give it to or what to use it for. I remembered that sometime at the end of last year I actually purchased some pumpkin scented candles on clearance for the reason of using them for teacher gifts for the Fall. (I don't normally have gifts like that picked out so far in advance, but I guess I was in the moment that day with "thinking ahead'.)

I grabbed my Deco Label Framelits and decided they would make a perfect tag!

 

Using the stamp set For All Things (from the 2014 Holiday Catalog), I made a quick and easy tag I could give to my children's teachers to let them know just how GRATEFUL I am for them! This tag uses the third and fourth largest Deco Labels Framelit. I used Champagne Glimmer Paper for the background. Love how that stuff shimmers in real life! I wanted to keep things neutral so I went for the Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon. I used the colors Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Chip.


Well...unfortunately that's all I have for you today!! I wanted to make a few more tags to showcase, but this back to school craziness has thrown me for a loop! I hope that you were inspired even by this simple way to use a framelit to create a one of a kind tag! I am sure you will get lots of other inspiration as you continue on with our blog hop!

Next up is Jennifer Downey at Stamping Lane. Click on the next button below to see what she has to share with us today! If you're following the hop backwards, be sure to click on the back button to head to Sara's blog. Happy hopping!

http://inspiredbyhue.wordpress.com/http://theartfulinker.com/alphabets-tags-and-stampingsunday/

2 comments :

kkstamper said...

Love, love, love the tag!! It's perfect!

kkstamper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14