Tuesday, August 19, 2014

ssink - two step stamping child's birthday card!

It's Technique Tuesday at the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog and I have a quick and easy card to showcase that technique. I used the Zoo Babies stamp set and wanted the bird to sit on the back of the rhinoceros. This is where the two-step stamping comes in. I first stamped the rhino and then the bird on top of him. The set I used was clear mount, but my perfectionistic ways wouldn't allow me just to "wing it", so I pulled out my trusty Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line the bird up just right!


Two little buddies hanging out together!

I used the Circle Card Thinlits, so the card swings open to reveal the second part of the birthday greeting on the back with just enough room for someone to sign their name.
Stamp Sets
Zoo Babies, Remembering Your Birthday
Ink
Pumpkin Pie, Sahara Sand
Paper
Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Sweet Taffy DSP
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Brights Candy Dots (Pumpkin Pie)
 Tools
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Circle Card Thinlits, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig


I am also linking up this week for The Paper Players Clean & Simple Challenge featuring a child's birthday theme!! I think this would be the perfect card for a child's birthday!

 Be sure to stop by the SSINK blog for more Two-Step Stamping card inspiration!
http://ssinkspiration.blogspot.com/2014/08/technique-tuesday-2-step-stamping.html

8 comments :

Unknown said...

what a cute card! Love these card dies. Wonder where mine disappeared to....?

LeAnne said...

Cute, cute, CUUUUTE! Love this...that orange paper is so fun with your rhino and mynah bird! I love my SAMJ...although my club girls run screaming when they see me grab it to make them use it, LOL! Thanks for sharing this with the Paper Players this week, and participating in my challenge, Heidi!

stampwithsandy said...

This is an adorable and perfect childs card, Heidi! The animals are so cute and a child will love how the card flips. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Heidi, I LOVE the repetition of circles and I love the colors. a fabulous card! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week, Jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fun child's birthday card! Love the zingy orange and how you echoed the circle thinlit in the patterned DSP. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a fun and amazing birthday card. The animal images are just perfect and I like the clean crisp colours. TFS.

Yapha Mason said...

Super cute card! I love colors and DSP that you used! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE this bright, happy card! The little rhino and little bird make me smile! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14