Friday, August 29, 2014

ssink - friday favorites

It's Friday Favorites at SSINK! And, since the Holiday Catalog just debuted yesterday I wanted to pick out one of my favorites from this amazing catalog! I decided to go with a Fall set and chose For All Things.


For All Things
Clear Mount / #135155 / $17.95
Wood Mount / #135152 / $24.95

The color combo for my card comes  from a new blog hop the gals of the 2013 Artisan Design Team have created called Fancy Friday. I found this on the blog of one of my favorite bloggers and paper artists (seriously ~ she makes paper come to life!), Erica Cerwin. This was quite the challenge, I might add...there are a lot of colors to blend together!


I went super simple with this card and in fact, it is an odd size card measuring 5-1/2" x 3-1/2". I'm not going to lie...I did a little "oops" so I salvaged the card best I could which explains the odd size. LOL! As you can see I literally took each color and only used it once keeping a lot of the white space. The jury is still out on whether or not I love it, but it was getting late and so I settled on this finished product so I could let my head hit the pillow. Of course now I'll need to make my own envelope for it...

Stamp Sets
For All Things
Ink
Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss, Early Espresso
Paper
Whisper White, Island Indigo, Real Red
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestone Accents
 Tools
Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch

Thank you so much for coming by and I wish you all a wonderful weekend! My kids go back to school on Tuesday and so we are going to enjoy this last weekend resting up! Excited to see nothing on the calendar...I wonder if that means time in my stamp room? :)

3 comments :

Kathy Peck said...

I think this is my most favorite stamp set out of the new catalog. Your card is beautiful.

Becky Cowley said...

GREAT salvage! Very simple, but VERY fancy! Thanks for playing along in our challenge!

Stampin Dj said...

I think this card is fabulous. This is definitely going to be my most used stamp set this fall!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14