Monday, June 9, 2014

cake banner and summer-inspired teacher gift!

It was my daughter's 2nd grade teacher's birthday on Saturday, so we celebrated a bit with the class on Friday. I am the Room Coordinator for her class, so I asked if any of the parents wanted to contribute to help SPOIL her! She has been such a fabulous teacher that she deserved it all! The parents were so generous, so I was able to get her some fun things (and even more to come for the end of the year!)

One of the ways I wanted to spoil her was to have her favorite cake made for her ~ Coconut Cake! I contacted the Hungry Hero Dessert Co. in our little town and he made a wonderful personal sized 3-layer cake just for her! And, of course...I had to make a fun little pennant banner to adorn the top.


I am still so sad that the Hearts a Flutter stamp set retired in the last catalog, but I used the Banner Framelits for most of the banners and that worked perfectly! Colors used were Bermuda Bay, Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, and Melon Mambo. I wrapped skewers with washi tape and attach the banners together with White Baker's Twine. It was such a fun little project to create for!


The bulk of her gift was summer-themed and included a sand chair, beverage stake, towel, lip gloss, drinking cup (filled with coconut white chocolate truffles) and a Starbucks gift card. The little note has a punch art sun (using the 1-3/4" circle bunch and *new* banner punch). 

I thought I would take a little quote from the movie Frozen...

"A drink in my hand, 
My {toes} up against the burning sand, 
Probably getting gorgeously tan in summer!"

She loved it so much!!

2 comments :

Bobbi Mangas said...

This is awesome!!! TFS. Now I just need a birthday to make it for.

M Wilson said...

Another absolutely adorable and actually useful gift. Love it!! I used your lemonade container idea from a few years ago. What a super idea and of course the perfect presentation!!

Thanks for sharing :D

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14