Wednesday, May 28, 2014

retiring stamp set - hearts a flutter

I hope you all have been getting some great inspiration from the handful of retiring stamp sets I have been sharing over the last couple of weeks. As a demonstrator it's hard to let some of these great sets go, but many of them I will hang onto for personal use. It's been fun pulling them out and inking them up!

Soon we will also be saying goodbye to Hearts a Flutter, a super cute stamp set that has matching Framelits (have no fear...the Framelits are here to stay!) Right now the clear mount version of Hearts a Flutter is available at a blowout price!!

{HEARTS A FLUTTER}
$13.27 (reg. $18.95) / #129252 (clear mount)
$25.95 / #131922 (wood mount)
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=129252


Today the designers at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration are hoping to inkspire you using Hearts a Flutter. It's our tribute as we say goodbye to this fun set! Be sure to head on over to see what the other designers have created.

I needed a baby card for a friend, so I headed over to The Paper Players for some sketch inspiration and then used Fab Friday's color combo.

http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2014/05/challenge-197-leannes-sketch-challenge.htmlhttp://fabfridaystampinchallenge.blogspot.com/2014/05/fab-friday-42.html
Technically this card is for a baby boy, but I figured the Crisp Cantaloupe wasn't too pink and the two shades of blue help lean in that direction...even the hubby said it works for a boy! ;) I have to admit I had a hard time adding in the Summer Starfruit, but was giddy when I pulled out the dahlia to make the finishing touch...it was just what it needed!

 
Stamp Sets
Hearts a Flutter, Teeny Tiny Wishes (sentiment)
Ink
Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana
Paper
Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, 2013-2015 In-Color DSP Stack (Crisp Cantaloupe polka dots)
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Summer Starfruit Dahlia,
 Tools
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Bitty Banners Framelits, Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
 
More Hearts a Flutter inspiration from the last couple of years...
 
 
 
 

 
 

8 comments :

Patrice said...

I love this set and won't be letting mine go either. Gorgeous line up of projects Heidi.

Kim Ryden said...

Cute card today! I love it!! You rock!

vicki said...

Love the card! I was going to order this stamp set, but I figured I could just borrow it from you ;)

LeAnne said...

Adorable baby card....love that you used a heart for the focal element! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Heidi! I love all of the texture! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Super cute, Heidi! Love all of those happy polka dots. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Brian King said...

Heidi, What a super-sweet card. These banners and hearts work perfectly with the sketch and colors. Thanks for playing along with the FabFri color challenge!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great last card for the retiring Hearts a Flutter set! I like all the layers and textures...gives really great dimension! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14