Monday, May 26, 2014

control freaks swap - flat and fabulous

Happy Memorial Day to all of my American friends!

I have a quick card to share with you today. This is the card I created for my first swap with the Control Freaks a couple of months ago. Not sure how I missed sharing it with you all, but here it is better late than never! I just mailed off my 2nd swap last week, so I'll be sure to share that one a little sooner...especially because it was a swap using catalog preview goodies! The theme for this swap was "Flat and Fabulous". We were asked to not use anything that was too bulky to mail, such as buttons, ribbon with bows or knots, etc. We wanted to have samples to show our customers that not every card needs extra postage! ;) Small rhinestones and pearls were on the OK list! I can't remember exactly how many swaps I created for this one, but I think it was around 25. I wish I would have taken a picture of the "steps" I took to create this card, but I was just too busy trying to get er done. Ha!


This picture shows all of the fun layers...
Embossed background
Strip of silver glimmer paper
1/8" Bermuda Bay taffeta ribbon
Kaleidoscope DSP
Strawberry Slush ruffled ribbon

Stamp Sets
Perfect Pennants
Ink
Strawberry Slush, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay
Paper
Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Whisper White, Kaleidoscope DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Rhinestone Accents, 1/8" Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon, Strawberry Slush Ruffled Ribbon
 Tools
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Pennant Framelits, Arrows Textured Embossing Folder, Chevron Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Mini Star Punch

3 comments :

vicki said...

Love all the colors! Great Job!

Holly said...

Oh wow the card is wonderful. Love it

Stéphanie Tsang said...

This card is so lively! It certainly does not look "flat"!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14