Wednesday, April 23, 2014

catalog case - for the birds

Today at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration we are showcasing cards that are a catalog CASE. I found this particular card layout in the Occasions Catalog on pg. 15. I needed an easy layout for the fourth card at my card making night and I thought this would be a fun one to use! However, I knew I needed to make it simpler and the DSP needed to stretch a little further, but I loved the idea of the scalloped tag with the new tag topper punch! And the chevron on the top and bottom of the card was just too cute!


 And, here is my take on the card. I used the Watercolor Wonder DSP for the yellow middle piece. The stampers were able to choose between green and blue chevron, so I created a sample of each.


The ribbon I used is retired Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon, but I found you a replacement if you were thinking about re-creating the card! It's the Daffodil Delight Seam Binding.


Stamp Sets
For the Birds, Six-Sided Sampler (sentiment)
Ink
Blender Pens, Island Indigo, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Calypso Coral
Paper
Whisper White, Watercolor Wonder DSP
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, White Baker's Twine, 1/2" Daffodil Delight Grosgrain Ribbon
 Tools
Scalloped Tag Topper Punch


1 comment :

Cynthia said...

This is so cute. Great job casing the bunny card and subbing for the bird in the birdbath stamp!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14