Wednesday, December 4, 2013

SS INKspiration - wrap it up!

It's that time of year where fun packaging comes out in full force! I must admit that when it comes to wrapping most gifts for Christmas I just get in there and get it done so there's not a lot of fancy going on, but every now and then it's fun to go all out for someone special! Today I am sharing a cute idea that takes a little extra pep, but the end result is super fun!

I started out by making a string of banners and stars using Whisper White Baker's Twine, Season of Style Designer Washi Tape, and bitty stars punched out of Champagne Glimmer Paper. I folded the washi tape over and then cut a pennant end with my Paper Snips. The stars I attached back to back with a glue dot in between.

I wrapped one of our Kraft Gift Boxes with the twine, criss-crossing it and then tying it in the back of the box.
 

 I embellished the top using my favorite Festive Flurry stamp set and coordinating framelits (with Cherry Cobbler & Old Olive ink) and added a Cherry Cobbler Candy Dot to the middle. I used "Happy Christmas" from More Merry Messages.

Happy gift giving!!
 

 Oh, and one more cute little gift wrap idea we made with my daughter's Campfire Girls group yesterday at their Christmas party. We made little reindeer gift bags! I found this idea on Pinterest and adapted it to fit onto a smaller bag using Stampin' Up! products (this is not a lunch sack size). Right now it's filled with Hershey's Kisses!

{sorry for the antler shadows...photo taken at night!}

 Punches used:
Oval Collection Framelits (second smallest)
retired skinny oval punch for whites of eyes
3/4" Circle Punch for black part of eyes

Here is my sweet girl and her Rudolph!

 Come on by to see what other great gift wrapping ideas some of the SS INK designers have for you today!! Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by or if you have any questions...it's so great to hear from you!
http://ssinkspiration.blogspot.com/2013/12/gift-wrap-and-gift-bags.html

 Weekly Deals for December 3 - 9
The 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch is one of the first punches I purchased when I started Stampin' Up! almost 5 years ago!
And, if you're interested in the itty bitty stars seen in my project above, right now during this week's online deals you can purchase the Merry Minis Punch Pack, which is what I used!
Order online at heidiboos.stampinup.net and click on shop now!

1-1/4 Scallop Circle Punch
1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch
Price: $15.95 
Sale Price: $11.96
Fun Flowers Bigz L Die
Fun Flowers Bigz L Die
Price: $32.95 
Sale Price: $24.71
Hearts Collection Framelits Dies
Hearts Collection Framelits Dies
Price: $26.95  
Sale Price: $20.21
Merry Minis Punch Pack
Merry Minis Punch Pack
Price: $16.95  
Sale Price: $12.71
Paper Doily Sizzlits Die
Paper Doily Sizzlits Die
Price: $21.95 
Sale Price: $16.46
Think Back Photobook Templates -- Digital Download
Think Back Photobook Templates - Digital Download
Price: $19.95  
Sale Price: $11.97
Wisteria Wonder 3/4 Chevron Ribbon
Wisteria Wonder 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
Price: $8.95  
Sale Price: $6.71

4 comments :

Kim Ryden said...

Such a cute little garland! I love it! AND of course I love your gift box! That reindeer treat bag is perfect for my daughter's preschool class! I might just have to borrow your idea! So glad you are a part of the SSINK Design Team!

brrenwick said...


What a fun treat bag!!! My boys' birthday is right before Christmas and I always like to do treat bags for their classmates...I may have to steal your genius idea! And your box....LOVE the garland!!!

Tonya said...

I too may have to borrow the reindeer bag idea. I am in charge of treats at school and my boys can help with the punching. Love the banner on your box too, it would be fun on a card.

Beckie said...

FUN, FUN idea. LOVE. You should link up in my linky party…..it’s anything goes and you can link up once a day :D

Be blessed, Beckie
Just B Creative Crazy Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Shop

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14