Thursday, October 10, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop - all things fall

Thank you so much for joining us for the October Stylin’ Stampin’ Squad  Blog Hop! This month we are focusing on the Fall season. It’s the time of year when fireplaces start crackling with warmth and we dig out our sweaters. This month’s blog hop will showcase many of the Stampin’ Up! products that are available to make Autumn themed creations. We hope you enjoy seeing how we use the products to create our projects and feel inspired to come up with some great projects of your own.

You should have just left stop 12 on the Stylin’ Stampin’ Squad blog hop – Rose at Stamp with Rose. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn’t work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.

When I started thinking about what I wanted to created for this month's hop, I couldn't ignore the Magnificent Maple single stamp sitting on my shelf waiting to get some fresh ink on it! Plus, I hadn't used my Circle Card Thinlits yet and when I saw this card by Andi, I was inspired to create a little something of my own! I wanted to bring in a little bit of Soft Sky with some traditional Fall colors like Crushed Curry and Chocolate Chip because I thought the color combo was fun. The Sweater Weather DSP in the Holiday Catalog has some great Fall-like choices, so I used that as an accent for my card. The always awesome Tags 4 You stamp set was the perfect sentiment for sending a Happy Thanksgiving to a loved one...with the coordinating punch, too! Plus, a few little Candy Dots (in Soft Sky)
completed the card!


When you open the card there is room to write who the card is from on the inside circle.

I also wanted to add a little something sweet that matches the card, so I decorated this cute little jar by wrapping it with a piece of Sweater Weather DSP then fussy cutting a stamped Magnificent Maple image.  I added a banner that says "gratitude" which comes from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set.
 

The "twine" bow is actually Burlap Ribbon, but I took apart the threads to create individual pieces. This is also what I used on the card above.


Thanks so much for coming by! Please leave a comment to let me know you visited today and I hope that you will continue on the hop to see what other Fall-inspired cards and projects there is in store for you. Click the next button below to visit Bree at Craft-Somnia Momma.

 

Blog Hop Participants: 
  1. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  2. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  3. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  4. Jennifer C. of Happy 2 Scrap 4 Life
  5. Cynthia R. of Ink-a-Doodle Creations
  6. Jamie H. of Unique Ink
  7. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  8. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  9. Diana E. of Stampin' Fun with Diana
  10. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  11. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  12. Heidi B of Stuck on Stampin'
  13. Bree R. of Craft-Somnia
  14. Anastasia R. of Stampin' Blondie

12 comments :

stampwithsandy said...

I love how you turned the ribbon into twine, love the crimped look of it. Great fall projects.

Jenn said...

Absolutely love these!!!

Jamie Hurley said...

Wonderful stuff! I too love the new way to use the ribbon! THANK YOU!

Cynthia said...

I don't know which I love more, the card or the jar! Both go together perfectly! Great job!

Pamela said...

Love what you did with the flip TY card using the stamp set. I might need to CASE it for my club this month!! :) - Pam W

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

Wow.. love your card and jar! Super duper cute!! Must CASE your card :) I love fall!

Stampin Dj said...

I love your projects! Great idea for the burlap ribbon. Though it did give me flashbacks to when I had to cut strips of burlap for wedding invitations I made a couple years ago! Where was the burlap ribbon then?!?!?

Pam Steckman said...

I love the card! I saved a picture of it because I love it so much!

Diana Eichfeld said...

Great use of the flip card and I love the Magnificent Maple stamp set. Your coordinating treat jar is really cute, so fabulous!

Kim Ryden said...

Every time I come to your blog, I just love how cute it is! :)

I love your little flip card and your treat jar! Such attention to detail! You ROCK!!

Tonya said...

Great use of the burlap ribbon. It is perfect for you projects. I really like them both and hadn't really looked at the maple leaf stamp until I saw your great projects. Thanks for enabling me. ;-)

brrenwick said...

Such a cute little jar! And I LOVE the card...perfect fall creations!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14