Friday, September 13, 2013

SS Inkspiration - Framelits Friday!


Woo hoo! It's Framelits Friday over at the Stylin' Stampn' INKspiration blog! Each of the designers who are sharing today picked out one of Stampin' Up's framelits and created something fun to share with our readers.

Again, before I sat down to make my card to share with you, I thought about who was in need of a little snail mail and I remembered there was a sweet little baby and his mama and daddy who needed a congratulations card!! I kept it super simple because, honestly, I wanted the framelits to be the star of the show!!

The framelits I chose to use on my card were the Deco Labels Collection Framelits. This was my first time pulling them out of the package and it was so fun to put something like this together...I knew I wanted to make something that would work as a "frame".

First I cut the polka dotted Marina Mist DSP 5-1/4" x 4" and then centered one of the framelits right into the middle and ran it through the Big Shot. I adhered this right on top of my Real Red card base, so the red would show through the empty space in the middle. I picked up my {yet to be mounted at the time} Zoo Babies stamp set and inked up this little elephant in Smoky Slate. Isn't he just so cute? I then stamped the elephant and sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White and die cut the next size down. Using a Dimensional, I attached it to the inside of the empty space so that the red "framed the elephant". 

Love these extra little touches...a tiny little heart on the bum, a pearl for his eye, and I popped up his little ear to give it some dimension as if it was flapping.

And what's one of my most favorite things about this card? It's mailable with no extra postage!! ;)

All this talk about framelits is the perfect timing as the Magnetic Platform is now available again starting yesterday! Be sure to order yours quick (who knows if there will be another ordering freeze...these puppies are a hot item!!) This is an awesome tool to help keep those framelits in place as you're rolling it through the Big Shot!

Big Shot Magnetic Platform
#130658, $39.95

Be sure to stop by Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration for more fun ways to use framelits! 



2 comments :

Kim Ryden said...

I need to pull these framelits out of the package as well! Just got them last week and they are still waiting patiently!

Pam Steckman said...

You are forcing me to order this set too? Geezes... you people think I have nothing better to spend my money on, right?! LOL Great job! Love it!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14