Friday, February 15, 2013

you're the sprinkles to my cupcake

I hope everyone had a fun Valentine's Day with your loved ones! I shared my son's class valentines earlier this week, but I didn't have the chance to share my daughter's until now, but I figure even if it's after Valentine's Day I can still share, right?

Last Valentine's Day (or was it the one before?) I purchased these awesome sprinkles at Target in hopes that I would create a stamping class that would use them. Well, all good ideas don't always come to fruition, so for the last year+ they have been taking up space in my craft closet. When I was thinking of ideas that Mikayla could do for her class valentines I came across all 35 jars of sprinkles (yes, I bought 7 packages!!) Mikayla has 25 classmates, so this was going to perfect!

Next, was to come up with a cute little saying to go with the sprinkles. My mom and I brainstormed a bit together and I chose... "You're the sprinkles to my cupcake." I created a document in Word and printed out a page full using red ink. Then I die cut them into tags using one of the Apothecary Framelits. And all it needed after that was a stamp!

 My daughter was a part of the process with me...she loves to craft just like her momma!! We chose to make the cupcake (from the Sale-A-Bration set "Patterned Occasions") all different colors using markers. She wanted me to do that part!

 And, she helped with the stamping.
 After they were all stamped, I trimmed the bottom of each of them.

 She signed her name on the back of all 25 tags.
 She put all of the jars of sprinkles in baggies and then I tied on the tags.

 You're the sprinkles to my cupcake!
Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments :

vicki said...

These turned out so cute! Looks like Mikayla had lots of fun :)

Laura Howell said...

You are such an awesome momma! Lucky kiddos you have!

Patrice said...

Awesome! What a fabulous idea, and they came out looking so cute. Glad you got to use all those jars up - finally lol.

Sarah said...

What a creative Valentine idea, they turned out great!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14