Saturday, January 12, 2013

you are loved (FMS68)


I'm slowly getting back into the groove of stamping! For some sketch inspiration, I used Freshly Made Sketches #68 to plan a card for an upcoming card night next week at my mother-in-law's home. We are going to be making all Valentine's cards...just like our January card night last year!

You might notice that I decided to rotate the sketch to fit the stamp I was hoping to use. This isn't really my style of card actually, but another goal of mine (besides sending more cards in the mail!) is to stretch myself out of my comfort zone when creating cards. It still uses the clean and simple design that I love, but the paper, color combo, and stamped image is a bit different for me. You may not be able to see it well in the picture, but I also added some Dazzling Diamonds on the image to add a some extra sparkle.



Card Recipe   
Stamp Set: You are Loved
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry, Floral District DSP
Accessories: Rhinestone Accents, 1/4" Rose Red Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

Tools: Corner Punch

3 comments :

Cindy Hall said...

Very pretty card. I love how you colored the stamp to match the DSP. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Suarez said...

Great card Heidi! I love how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Allisa said...

Love the way you colored your stamped image! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14