Wednesday, January 23, 2013

baby elephant

I am so in love with this sweet elephant stamp from the Sale-A-Bration set Patterned Occasions (see images below). The other images are super fun, too, but there's just something about this cute little elephant that I adore! You can earn this set FREE with a $50 catalog product purchase (check out other Sale-A-Bration freebies HERE).

Over the past few days I have created two card designs using this sweet elephant. This first design was for my monthly card club that met this last Monday. I chose to leave off the sentiment that is on the stamp ("thanks a ton") and instead, decided that if I wanted to I would add a greeting to the inside of the card. I think BABY when I see this elephant, so that was my intention for this card, but it would be cute for a little girl's birthday, too.
Card Recipe   
Stamp Set: Patterned Occasions
Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP
Ink: Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Dimensionals, Rhinestone Accent, 1/4" Marina Mist Grosgrain Ribbon 
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Flower Punch
My second card design was specifically for a new baby card. I was in need of two baby cards...both for boys! When I saw the sketch over at The Paper Players, I knew it would be perfect for this image!
Card Recipe   
Stamp Set: Patterned Occasions, Sweet Essentials (sentiment)
Paper: Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Real Red
Ink: Midnight Muse, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Crumb Cake w/ Blender Pen
Accessories: Dimensionals, Midnight Muse Double-Stitched Ribbon
Tools: Two-Step Owl Punch (mini heart)

5 comments :

LeAnne said...

I love this little elephant, but not crazy so much about the sentiment, so I am happy to see that you swapped it out....so very, very cute! And so glad you could play with the Paper Players this week!

Amy O said...

This elephant is a cutie! I love your color scheme for the challenge card. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Amy O said...

This elephant is a cutie! I love your color scheme for the challenge card. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a cute card with that little blue elephant! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Jen Nelson said...

i'm learning to love this little elephant!! so cute and i love the colours you have used

So glad you joined us at the paper players
Jen x

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14