Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas spectacular - part one

A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of holding a "Christmas Spectacular" event at my mother-in-law's home. I hold card making nights at her home every other month on a weeknight for her and her friends and we had decided that, for this month, we would try a Saturday event and make more than just cards! I prepared all of the supplies for each guest to make 3 Christmas cards and 4 Christmas treat projects. They could either come make just the projects, just the cards, or both! We had such a great time!! I think this was my most fun event I have had with these ladies. There were 24 eager stampers who had a great time and many of them were newcomers! I was so incredibly thankful that my mom was able to come with me as my "stamping assistant" for the day. I consider her my demo in training...maybe one day she'll sign up for the starter kit! ;)

{Christmas Cards}


Christmas Card #1
{inspired by a card I had designed for my Catalog Open House in August}
One of the biggest changes I made was I had the gals emboss the candy canes with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder. I thought it would be a fun change from just using a regular ink pad.
Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Scentsational Season, Joyous Celebration
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Snow Festival DSP
Ink: Versarmark, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Mini Glue Dots
Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Labels Collection Framelits, Holiday Collection Framelits

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Christmas Card #2
This was another card I had on display at my Holiday Catalog Open House in August. It was a CASE from Jill Hilliard. Visit HERE for my original post.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Christmas Card #3
I'm kind of bummed the picture looks a bit washed out...it really does look sparkly in person! I had pinned THIS CARD on Pinterest by Michelle Le Breton and fell in love with the simple design. I decided to change it up a little bit and add some extra sparkle by "glittering" up the ornament using Heat & Stick Powder and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. Each of the guests were able to choose their own Christmas sentiment from the set More Merry Messages and stamp it on the inside.

Up close version of the sparkle...
 Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Ornament Keepsakes, More Merry Messages (for inside sentiment)
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, 3/8" White Taffeta, Rhinestone Accents
Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Holiday Ornament Framelits, Boho Blossoms punch, 3/4" Circle punch, Holiday Frame Embossing Folder
 
More to come...I will be sharing the four projects we made at this event, too!

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14