Thursday, May 17, 2012

more card night fun


Last Tuesday I held another card making event at my mother-in-law's home. We made three cards and I wanted to keep each of them a bit more simple this time around since many of the women who attend these nights are new to stamping and card making. The event started at 6:30 PM and I was in my card loaded up and heading out at 8:15 PM...maybe the cards were a little TOO simple? *wink*
CARD #1
I used the sketch from stamp club for this Mother's Day card.
Of course, I had many sentiments available in case they didn't need/want to make a Mother's Day card.
 
Stamp Set: Mixed Bunch, misc. sentiments
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Twitterpated DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo
Accessories: 1/4" Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools: Blossom punch, 1" Circle punch

CARD #2 
My mother-in-law had the single stamp called Sail Away (now retired) and she had been wanting to use it and I told her that I would be happy to put together a card with the stamp that everyone could recreate at the card night. Once I saw this card by Lisa Vale at Ink Inspired, I knew it would be perfect! I avoided the ribbon and brads, but I definitely kept the fun technique of adding the bright orange sun.
 Stampers could either make a Father's Day card or masculine Happy Birthday.
 
Stamp Set: Sail Away, Happiest Birthday Wishes, Delightful Dozen
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Dimensionals
Tools: Stripes Embossing Folder, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine

 CARD #3
I have really been enjoying playing with DSP lately and let the fun patterns do the talking. I saw this fun card by Dawn Olchefske that looked like a great layout. She used the Summer Smooches DSP, but I ended up using a variety of different papers to create this card.
 
The stampers could make it Congratulations (for graduation) or Happy Birthday.
Stamp Set: Delightful Dozen, retired sentiment
Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Real Red, Summer Smooches DSP, Big Top Birthday DSP, Pacific Point DSP, retired DSP
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, silver brad
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Star punch (retired), Small Star punch (retired)
 
 It was a fun night, especially because my mom always comes along for the ride! It gives us a chance to chat and spend some quality time together without the kiddos wanting something from either of us. We are going to meet again at my mother-in-law's next month and then take a break for summer. 

My next monthly card night (3/$6) that I host at my home is tonight! Only two more of these nights before I take July & August off for summer fun! I bet I will miss not having a reason to play with my stamping stuff, so I hope that I can still find time during the summer to get in my craft room!

3 comments :

Kelli said...

These always make me want to move closer! I love that first card and the color combinations. I always have a hard time with Rich Razzleberry, but those colors go together very well. Now I think I need that punch. I'm holding out for the new catalog.

Bonnie said...

These are all great cards for a workshop or class! Thanks for the inspiration.

Karen Graff-Povis said...

I love the Sail Away card!! I pinned it!!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14