Monday, January 30, 2012

stamp club - January

I started up another round of Stamp Club on Friday night. 14 of us are going to be coming together once a month (Fourth Fridays) to stamp together! I'm really looking forward to it! There are two groups of six, myself, and one of my downline members. Our first meeting was last Friday and it was a blast!

I put together a couple of fun projects for the ladies...

Project #1 - "i love u" Shaker Card

We used the Shaker Frames that were introduced in the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog. Although this catalog is now retired, the Shaker Frames are still available for purchase from the Mini Catalog CarryOver List. You get 6 of the nested circles below and as my gift to each of the ladies, I let them keep whatever we didn't use.

I kept the card fairly simple as I wanted the shaker frames to be our intended focus!


We made our own "confetti" using the leftover hearts after punching out with the Pinking Hearts Border punch, small hearts from the Owl punch (Pretty in Pink card stock and Red Glimmer Paper), and Silver Glass Glitter.


Stamp Set: Outlined Occasions (exclusive Sale-A-Bration set!! - spend $50 and get if for free!)
Paper: Window Sheets (to keep the confetti from falling out of the hole!), Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Subtles DSP Pack (Pretty in Pink polka dots), Red Glimmer Paper
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain ribbon (retired), Silver Glass Glitter, Shaker Frames, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, 1-3/4" Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Pinking Hearts Border punch (to make tiny heart confetti), Owl punch (to make little heart confetti)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Project #2 - Valentine's Pinwheel with a Licorice "Stick"

The second project I kept a little simple, but who doesn't love pinwheels?! You could use any kind of double-sided paper for these pinwheels. Each of my stamp club made them with the Real Red patterned paper from the Brights DSP pack. I also made some using retired paper from the 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog called Sending Love, but I didn't have enough to go around!

The quick and easy way to make pinwheels...
  • Cut any size square (mine is 5x 5, but cut them 4x4 and you can get 6 pinwheels out of one pieces of 12x12 DSP) then score the paper diagonally twice.
  • On each scored diagonal line, cut up to the center, stopping about 3/4-inch before the center.
  • Bring a corner to the center and secure with some adhesive and then continue all the way around, skipping a corner each time. Make sure to overlap once you get to the center.
  • For a secure hold (regular adhesive will not hold it together!), poke a brad through the center. I hid my brad with a heart in the center. The brad also pokes through the 1x8" Cellophane Bag that holds the piece of licorice. (FYI: The licorice stick is just slightly too long for the bag to have some room at the top for the brad, so using kitchen shears, I cut off the top of the licorice).


Stamp Set:
None
Paper: Brights DSP Pack, Red Glimmer Paper
Ink: None
Accessories: silver brads, 1x8" Cellophane Bags (still available on the Holiday Mini Catalog CarryOver List!)
Tools: 3/4" Circle punch, Heart to Heart punch (to make small heart in the center)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Last year my hostesses each month received a little handmade gift from me, but this year I have decided that I would put together a little card kit pack of coordinating paper, buttons, ribbon, and misc. punched out sentiments. Just thought I would change it up a little! This month's pack included some Sending Love DSP (retired), Pretty in Pink card stock and ribbon, Very Vanilla card stock and ribbon, buttons, and brads. I also punched out some shapes from With All My Heart stamp set, which coordinates with the DSP.


Already looking forward to next months' club!

2 comments :

Patti J said...

What fun! I just love coming here, Heidi! Your blog is such a happy place :) Thanks for sharing...

Terry Montgomery said...

what fabulous ideas! your club members are very lucky!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14