Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 days of Christmas {projects} - day 7

Christmas Project #7
Merry Trees Glass Block with Snow

For today's project, I wanted to share with you a fun Christmas decor item you could whip up in a matter of minutes. It's a great way to spruce up your holiday decor...or give as a gift!!

I'm sure many of you have seen the clear glass blocks that you can purchase at your local craft store. Last year around this time I found some on clearance at 50% off, so I snagged all they had left, (which, unfortunately was only four and yes, I would have gotten more if they had any!)

I wanted to come up with something that was a home decor item to have at least a little bit of variety on my craft bazaar table, so when I saw these clear blocks in my stash I just knew I had to use them!

Many people choose to put tiny lights inside, but I wanted to do something a little different, so I found some leftover "snow" (from my wedding almost 8 years ago...how resourceful is that?!) and poured some inside until it was about half way.

I used the SMALL "Merry Tree" vinyl (only $3.95!)...

...and adhered only the trees on the left. This means I have the rest of the vinyl to save for another project. Which, of course, I have yet to do, but I'll think of something I'm sure!


Wrap your favorite ribbon (I used retired Real Red 3/4" Polka Dot ribbon) around the block and voila! You now have a beautiful gift to give...or keep for yourself if you can't bear to part with it!

At the Holiday Shopping Party I participated in last Sunday, each of the vendors brought a gift to raffle off in some drawings. Below is the gift I chose to bring. I adhered the Merry Trees to this clear pail and filled it with some goodies...M & M's Skinny Bag with Tag, Hershey's Chocolate Bar Slider, baggie of misc. Christmas tags, and a Mini Holiday Catalog. I just love that you can adhere vinyl decor to just about any surface!!


Thank you for coming by and joining me for my 12 Days of Christmas {Projects}. I hope you've been feeling inspired to create!!

************************

Day 1 - M & M's Skinny Bag with Matching Tag
Day 2 - Rudolph Punch Art Gift Card Holder
Day 3 - Santa Suit Jars
Day 4 - Hershey Nugget Trays
Day 5 - Holiday Hand Sanitizer Ornaments
Day 6 - Wrapped Rolos

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14