Sunday, December 4, 2011

12 days of Christmas {projects} - day 4

Christmas Project #4
Hershey Nugget Trays

I'm going to have to keep today's post short and SWEET! Today is a big day for me as I am participating in a Holiday Shopping Party with 15 other vendors. I'm looking forward to sharing some of papercrafting creations and maybe get some people interested in attending my events!

You've probably seen these Hershey Nugget Trays all over and they're nothing new, but I thought I would share with you just how quick and easy they are to put together for a fun Christmas treat for a friend, co-worker, neighbor...and perfect for your child's teacher! Who wouldn't love chocolate with a handmade touch by you?!

Please note: I am using retired Jolly Holiday DSP from the last catalog, but these can be made with all kinds of DSP!!


Measure and cut your card stock (I used Cherry Cobbler)...
1-7/8" x 4-1/4" and score 1/4" in on each side.
Crease the folds with a Bone Folder.

Cut 4 pieces of various patterns of DSP...
1" x 3" each

I used regular SNAIL adhesive on one end and a small piece of Sticky Strip on the other end (as seen below).
Link
Starting with the end with the SNAIL adhesive begin wrapping the DSP around the Hershey's Nugget.

Pull tight, and seal the end with the Sticky Strip.

Do the same above for each Hershey's Nugget and then place in "tray".

Using pretzel bags (these can be found in the cake decorating/candy aisle of your local craft store)...

Slip the tray with candy into the pretzel bag.

Stamp your greeting, choose your ribbon, and...

...punch a hole and tie the ribbon in two knots to hold secure. Finish it off by trimming the top of the pretzel bag.

These have always been super fun to make and so easy for any holiday!! In fact, I've made them for last year's Holiday Bazaar, Valentine's Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving...


I hope you will continue to join me this next week as I continue on my 12 Days of Christmas {Projects}. Please let me know if you ever have any questions on any of the projects I share.

13 comments :

Patti said...

I've enjoyed your first four projects. And the best part is they are all so simple to make. Great creative ideas. TFS.

Pamela Steckman said...

I am wondering how much you charge for one of these? My co-worker would like me to make 50 of them for her baby shower. (I just made them for my co-workers today.) I would greatly appreciate any approximation you can give! Thanks!

Heidi said...

Hi Pamela, I am hoping that you are able to see this comment I am leaving in response to yours. I wanted to email you, but couldn't find where to reply to you, so I hope you get this! At my craft bazaar I sold them for $2.00 each. Are you planning to donate your time or were you wanting to add that cost in? The cost of each Nugget will be cheaper if you can buy them in bulk bins (I buy mine from Winco). I think they came out to be approx. $.20 each Nugget that way. If you do 4 in a package that's $.80 just for the candy. It doesn't take much DSP or card stock, so you should be fine there. And I think there are large packages of 50 pretzels bags you could buy. It's hard to tell what someone would spend for 50 of them, but try to make sure you at least get the cost of your supplies out of it. I can imagine it being at least $1.25 each in just the supplies if you didn't count your time. Does that help you? :) I also made these for a baby shower I helped host and only put 3 Nuggets instead of 4. Here's a peek at that post if you're interested: http://stuckonstampin.blogspot.com/2011/10/baby-girl-shower-sweetness.html

Let me know if I can help you with anything else! Thanks for stopping by!

Pam Steckman said...

This is my 3rd try at responding to you Heidi! Thank you for your ideas- just saw them. I am doing them tomorrow with my friend who wants them. She offered to help - I explained that a big chunk of the cost is my time. She is helping assemble them. I am pre-cutting and pre-stamping the Sweet Baby on the mailing labels. I think I am going to charge her $25 for the ribbon, paper, tags and my time. I think that is fair? She bought the nuggets and bags.

Amanda Fanning said...

I stumbled across your website looking for Hershey nuggets templates as baby shower favors. This is a perfect idea!! Thank you for sharing your talents and creativity. Best, Amanda

Anne Hamilton said...

Thank you so much for this idea! My daughter and I just finished making 35 of these with a fall theme for a baby shower she is giving for two friends. We used fall colors for the trays, and prints in the orange, brown, green, and reddish families. We tied with olive green organza ribbon and leaves die-cut from shimmer paper with my Cuttlebug. We had so much fun together. She was thrilled -- she said they were "beautiful," and indeed they were. Thanks for sharing this.

maria said...

Love this cute idea. Perfect when you need to make a few small gifts.

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Wow, just discovered you over at Pinterest. What a wonderful blog. Just became a follower, come and follow me too!

Happy Holidays! xo, Marian

Unknown said...

Love this! A friend of mine used it recently and I'm excited to try it, thanks for posting the steps.

Richard & Elizabeth & Ewan said...

What's the dimensions on the pretzel bag thanks? I cannot find them in Australia!

Loverbugs Mommy said...

I love this post!!!! Its super cute. I can't wait to try it out on my family this year for Christmas.

Kristen Willard said...

Thanks so much for your help! I needed 40 thank you treats in a hurry and they turned out perfect.

Jessye Lee said...

excellent blog Foshan Dabbl Sanitary Ware is providing best products for shower enclosures, frameless sliding glass doors, sliding glass shower doors, custom glass shower doors, shower cubicles, shower door, corner shower enclosures, quadrant shower enclosures , Shower Cabins, Shower Stalls, Walk in Shower Enclosures, shower cubicles kindly visit to the website quadrant shower enclosures, custom, frameless sliding glass shower doors , shower cubicles call us +86-18928507693 email now export2@dabbl.de

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14