Sunday, November 27, 2011

spreading more Christmas cheer!

These next two Christmas cards I made specifically for the craft bazaar I was a part of a couple of weekends ago. I wanted to have a good display of Christmas cards and ended up making 10 of each card design (there were 6 total) in case there was someone who wanted to mix and match or buy a complete set. I had a handful of other cards for sale, as well, that were leftover from card designs I had made last year.

I made this particular card design last year for one of my card nights. However, I did make some small changes this time around, especially to the bottom half of the card. I left off the ribbon (easier to mail), changed the DSP pattern, and used a different image in the white circle. I didn't have the same snowman I used last year (and he was retired anyway), so I opted instead for this cute little penguin from the Polar Party stamp set. Doesn't he just make you happy?!


And, because all things are better with a splash of glitter, I used the NEW Dazzling Details glitter glue on the "snow" under the penguin's feet, as well as on the ball of his hat.


Have you tried this stuff yet? I LOVE IT! And, for only $2.50 a bottle...this will help add that extra sparkle to a lot of cards for an inexpensive price!


Stamp Set: Polar Party

Paper: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Whisper White, Candy Cane Christmas DSP (retired)

Ink: Real Red, Basic Black (for penguin), markers - Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze, Real Red, Basic Black

Accessories: Rhinestones, Dazzling Details, Dimensionals

Tools: 2-1/2" Circle punch, Modern Label punch, Scallop Oval punch, Snowflake punch

Tips:
  • Cut your paper 4-1/4" x 11" and fold it lengthwise so it opens "up" instead of "over". Changing the direction of the card is always a fun idea.
  • The hole on the front of the card is made using the 2-1/2" circle punch. I wanted a 2" circle for the inside and unfortunately SU! doesn't sell one, so I made a circle using the Creative Memories cutter. This is the white circle you see inside the card.
  • Did you know that the Stampin' Write markers have two sides? Use the fine tip of the marker to color in all of the details of the penguins. These markers are a must have on your wish list!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This next card I must admit came together only with the help of my mom the night before the bazaar. We both agreed we needed one more design (x 10 cards) to fill up some more slots on the card spinner. I have made some of these quilt cards in the past and knew they would be simple enough to pull together ten of them, but yet make a beautiful card. I have a mini-tutorial on how to make these quilt cards...you can find it HERE. These cards are perfect to help use up those little scraps of DSP...and really lets the patterned paper be the "star of the show"!

Stamp Set: Occasional Quotes (hostess set - retired)

Paper: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP

Ink: Real Red

Accessories: 1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals

Tools: Wide Oval punch, Decorative Label punch, 1-1/4" Square punch

Tips:

    • Arrange the squares of DSP onto a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" cardstock until you like the pattern you see. Then be sure to use SNAIL adhesive to adhere each square next to each other to make into a 4 column x 3 row rectangle. For a visual of this visit HERE.

    I have one more craft bazaar I am participating in this weekend, but I hope to be in and out on my blog this week to show you all of the fun things I made for my last bazaar!!

    Blessings to you this holiday season and happy stamping!

      No comments :

      // ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14