Thursday, November 3, 2011

birthday boy...Cars style

I'm only a month behind in posting my son's 4th birthday party invitations, but better late than never! If you're planning a Cars-themed birthday party, I have more details on the party I shared on my other blog HERE and HERE, including dessert ideas, a race track cake, and some simple games to play.

For the invitations, I found a Lightning McQueen image when I did a Google Image search on my computer. I then copied and pasted it into a Word document. My computer just so happened to have a Disney font, so I added the "start your engines and race on over..." right under Lightning McQueen. The black gingham checked paper was all I could find after looking at three different craft stores (I really wanted to find checkered paper!), so I hope that it gave the affect of a checkered flag.



This invitation is actually a pocket card, so when you pull on where the star is, there is a piece of paper with all of the party details! I think this is a fun and unique invitation idea. I found many pocket card ideas in my search for party invitations and I just fell in love with the idea!


A couple of fun treat bags using the scallop circle punch and coordinating circle punches. I created the "Thanks for coming to my party!" in a Word document, printed off a page full and punched them out with the 1-3/4" circle punch.

For the cousins...
For friends...

Not much stampin' with this party, but it was still fun to create!

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14