Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Season of Friendship home decor

A couple of weeks ago I offered a specialty class using the Season of Friendship stamp set...


The class consisted of creating 4 seasonal "inserts" to go inside a matted frame, which you can then use for a home decor piece. My upline Andrea has done this before with her stamping friends and back in the Spring I had snagged up some 10x10 frames at a great price for me to hold the same class. Well...only about 6 months later did I finally get it together! I knew the Fall would be the perfect time to do it because not only would it make a great decor item to start off the Fall home decor, but these would also make great gifts for Christmas (or a birthday).

I pretty much copied Andrea's design for each of the "inserts" (thanks, Andrea!), but I did add a couple of extra little touches of my own.

{FALL}

{WINTER}

{SPRING}

{SUMMER}

{collage of all four seasons...click on picture to see up close}

These were such a big hit that I will be making a handful to sell at my upcoming Christmas bazaar. Last week frames at Michaels were 50% off, so I went back for more...only five were there! Time to be on the lookout for more frames for a great price!

4 comments :

Jeanette said...

CASE here I come. I have ALWAYS loved the idea of this type of art. Thank you, thank you.

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the fall one especially!

Unknown said...

Totally awesome!! What an awesome idea for a class too!! I am sure everyone loved these!! I will be featuring this project on My Crafty Picks #35 with a link back to your blog on 9-25-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your Blog Badge to display on your blog for being featured.

If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany Bauer

Unknown said...

So terrific! Definitely a Crafty Pick. May I ask what size the finished stamped piece is? One of my club members saw this on your blog and has asked that we do these during her hostess month. Blessings, Diane

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14