Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Flowers + Sketch Challenge (A La Card Monkey #55)

Time for another sketch challenge! I found A La Card Monkey last week and was super excited to play along again this week, too. The sketch challenge this week is Flowers + Sketch (Challenge #55). I love that they not only have a sketch, but choose a theme, as well. It helps narrow down the stamp set choices and I'm not so overwhelmed!

Here's the sketch for this week...


And, here's my take on the sketch...


What? You can't see how they match up?

Does this help?


I had started out with it horizontal and as I continued to play, I realized that it was going to work better going vertical.

I just love these flowers from Punched Posies (a retired Hostess Set) and after using them in my Mother's Day card for my last stamp club, I wanted to pull them out and use them again!


Stamp Set: Punched Posies (retired), Tiny Tags (hanging tag), Easter Blossoms (sentiment from 2011 Occasion Mini Catalog)

Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight

Ink: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist

Accessories: Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, 1/4" Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon

Tools: Eyelet Border punch, 5-Petal Flower punch, Butterfly punch, Jewelry Tag punch, Top Note Die (used with Big Shot)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


And I have some exciting news! I was one of three chosen last week at A La Card Monkey's Sketch Challenge #54 (Animal + Sketch). The card that was chosen I posted HERE. This means I get to be a guest designer for next week's challenge (#56)...how fun!! The new weekly challenge will start this Friday, so come on back to play!

4 comments :

vicki said...

What a cute card! Love it! You did a great job. I am looking forward to the sketch for next week.

Terry said...

Your card looks so fresh! I cracked up when I saw you took a photo of your card on its side so everyone could see how it applied to the sketch! I love the colors in your card too.

Hugs,

Terry

P.S. Can't wait to see what you come up with as guest designer at A La Card Monkey!

Annie Lee said...

Oh what a pretty card! I love those flowers. So very pretty. LOVE how you used the sketch, too! Very creative!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Congrats on being a runner up in last week's sketch challenge Heidi. Your card was awesome. I love the fresh colours and look of this weeks card. Beautiful!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14