Monday, May 16, 2011

card night sneak peek!

Tonight is my final 3 for $6 card night before I take a break for the summer. I have other Stampin' Up! events planned for each month, but my normal "once a month card night" will be on hiatus.

I wanted to share a sneak peek of one of the cards we will be making. It was inspired by a couple of challenges. One being the color challenge over at the Color Dare (CD100). The colors we were encouraged to play with were Baja Breeze, Rose Red, and Sahara Sand. I thought it was a tough color combo to work with, especially adding in Sahara Sand, but I really do like the finished product!

The sketch for this card came from Stamping 411 (Challenge 203)...




Stamp Set: Apple Blossoms (Hostess Level 2 set)

Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Sahara Sand

Ink: Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Sahara Sand

Accessories: 1/8" Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, 5/8" Rose Red Double-Stitched ribbon (retired), Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

Tools: Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Modern Label punch, Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die (used with Big Shot)

10 comments :

Kerin said...

This is so sweet! Love the colors, and the ribbon combo is very cool.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Heidi, this is one of my favorite stamp sets and I love, love, LOVE how you used it!! Love the little butterflies and the layered ribbon! Very pretty! :)

jjcreations said...

Wonderful card - So clean and fresh looking! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

Kim Ryden said...

Love this card! That Apple Blossoms stamp set is one of my favorite!! Thanks for playing with us at Color Dare this week!

Selene Kempton said...

Wow this is pretty... i love your clean, sharp style. Stunning color and you rocked the sketch!

LeAnne said...

Absolutely adorable! No wonder it was picked for the Color Dare honorable mention!!! Congrats!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with this week's challenge on The Color Dare! I love the Rose Red ribbon on Rose Red! I'm going to try that! And the ribbon on the ribbon! Too cute!!

Kim P said...

This is so fresh and fun! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

Patti Chesky said...

What a fun card! I love the colors and those little butterflies!

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful colors together! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14