Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Tip - storing your embellishments

Welcome to this week's "Tuesday Tip"! I've been doing these weekly "Tuesday Tip" posts for one month now and I hope you have enjoyed reading...I have really enjoyed sharing! (Check out the last three week's "Tuesday Tips" HERE)

I'm pretty conservative (in comparison) when it comes to purchasing embellishments for my card or scrapbooking projects, and I often will take my supplies "on the go" to different places to either scrapbook or make cards. Because of this, it was always a little more difficult to take with me the small round containers that Stampin' Up! embellishments come in. I wanted to grab them ALL because I didn't want to be without something, but they weren't the easiest to keep organized when I was packing up everything (there were too many!) or when I was out working on projects trying to find the right embellishment.

I don't own the Stack & Store Caddy (on the left), which is perfect for these little round containers, and would be perfect for my craft room at home, but...with me being on the go so much, I needed something a little different that would work better for me.

So, to help with my dilemma, I purchased some bead storage container boxes and began organizing!

{SU! exclusive brads}

{SU! exclusive buttons}

{SU! exclusive misc. embellishments & brads}
These boxes stack and store neatly on my shelf in my craft room. When I need them, I just grab and go! As you can see, I also have "non-Stampin' Up!" (gasp!) embellishments that I often will use in my scrapbooking.
There are many embellishments out of the Stampin' Up! catalog that I haven't purchased yet (I've only been a demo for 2 years, so I have many more years to collect!). I try to keep with simple choices as to not overall myself (well, that and I wouldn't be able to afford it!). However, I'd be lying if there weren't days that I wish I had "that one embellishment" I saw on "that one project". If my embellishment collection begins to grow, it just means my non-SU! collection will have to find a new home! I have lots of room to expand with these storage boxes.

Now, what to do with all of these empty round containers...


Turn them into treat holders, of course!


Disclaimer: Many of the "Tuesday Tips" I share each week have been gathered through my experience as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and crafter. I do not necessarily claim any of them as my original idea (unless it really is!), but rather things that I have seen here and there through blogging, surfing the web, attending events, and such. If there is a specific idea I have seen and want to share, I will be sure to give credit where credit is due.

3 comments :

Ann said...

Heidi this is an ingenius tip!! So very clever and easy, yet I have the Stack & Stor and all the round containers!!! Love this idea for so many reasons. And, what you did with the empty cases!! LOVE IT!!

Vanessa said...

I recently purchased a case similar for my scrapbooking embellishments. I found it in the tool section and it had removable parts that I thought would fit my needs better. I purchased it with the same thought in mind: being able to grab it and go!
Love your post!
Vanessa
http://daily-dilly.blogspot.com

Yolanda said...

Very, very smart idea. I hadn't thought about using the button containers for goodies. I love that idea! TFS. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14