Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Valentine's Day themed workshop

My friend Tammy contacted me at the beginning of January and thought it would be fun to hold a Valentine's workshop for her and her friends. She was really itching to do some of her own card making and what better way to get some supplies than to hold a workshop and get some things for free?!

I wanted to bring a hostess gift that would cater to the needs of what Tammy was interested in and so I brought a baggie of misc. items that could be used for her to make cards of her own. Inside were punched shapes, some sayings, a few die cut outs, and a couple of ribbon pieces.


I like to bring some sort of little treat to each of my workshops and when I saw these over at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts, I knew they would be fast and fun to put together, but yet still make a great little addition to each person's seat.



Stamp Set:
Teeny Tiny Wishes

Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Red Glimmer Paper

Ink: Real Red

Accessories:

Tools: Curly Label punch


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Tammy wanted to hold the kind of workshop where her guests would pay a pre-determined fee and then I would bring all the supplies needed to make projects and/or cards. With Valentine's Day just around the corner, we opted to stick with that theme. We made 1 project and 1 card for $5.

I wanted the guests to make a different style of card other than your normal "open and close" card. I like to go a little more detailed and out of the box when someone is paying to make a card. So, we used a design called the "joy fold" card. I was inspired by a card I had seen at Inking Idaho.

{front view}

{the card stays closed by tucking the front flap behind the heart}
{open - I thought the addition of the three little hearts finished it off nicely}
Stamp Set: Occasional Quotes (Hostess Level 3 set)

Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink DSP, Red Glimmer Paper

Ink: Real Red

Accessories: Rhinestone Jewel Accents, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (retired)

Tools: Full Heart punch, Heart to Heart punch, Ticket Corner punch, Corner punch


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For the project, I decided to use those empty Starbucks coffee bottles that I had collected to use for craft bazaar projects, but never got around to it! I had quite a few of these floating around and knew that Valentine's Day was the perfect time to use them. (I took these pictures at night time, so the lighting is off a little...sorry!)


Stamp Set: Birthday Bakery (Hostess Level 1 set)

Paper: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Melon Mambo DSP

Ink: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, marker - Melon Mambo (to color in the tag)

Accessories: Pearl Jewel Accents, Dimensionals, 1 1/4" Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon (retired)

Tools: Heart to Heart punch, Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, Scallop Trim Border punch


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We had a great time!!

2 comments :

Tammy Williams said...

It was all so perfect. Thanks for coming out and for my little gift bag of punched goodies. With my lack of supplies, it was perfect. My candy jar is the perfect accessory too:) Thanks again Heidi!

Designs by Cinda said...

CUTE, cute, CuTe !!!! Both the ideas were adorable. And your thank you gift was right up there. You are very creative.!!!!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14