Sunday, January 9, 2011

Simply Valentine's

Last Friday, I spent a good part of the day out at my parents' house and decided to take some of my stamping stuff with me, so that I could "play" and make cards! My husband was going to be working late (as he has been all week), so I thought it might be nice to be around company for the day and let the kids play with their cousins. Having some time to enjoy a little crafting time rather than doing the household chores for a change was needed! Funny how I have to leave my house to make it happen!

Most of the supplies I brought with me were for Valentine's Day cards as I was looking to get some inspiration and work on projects and cards for upcoming events. I am still waiting on my Filled with Love stamp set that was on backorder, which should be on my doorstep by Monday night, so I had to work with some other Valentine stamp sets while I wait.

This first card, I was inspired by the following sketch from Create with Connie & Mary (CCMC 132). This is the first sketch I've participated in, but I loved having the inspiration! Go check out the wonderful creations. I went a little simple with my card, which is more the trend with me anyway, but I love how it turned out!




Stamp Set:
Love You Much

Paper:
Pink Pirouette, Real Red, *NEW* red glimmer paper, Whisper White

Ink: Real Red, markers - Chocolate Chip, Real Red

Accessories:
Dimensionals, red floss (non-SU!), Bitty Buttons (heart)

Tools: Heart to Heart punch (small hearts)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

These other cards were just for fun!


Stamp Set: Love You Much

Paper:
Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Sending Love DSP (retired - from 2010 Occasions Mini Catalog)

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi (watercolor using blender pen and inkpads)

Accessories:
5/8" Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Rose Red brad, Dimensionals (to pop up flower)

Tools: Boho Blossoms punch (used to punch out the flower)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Stamp Set: With All My Heart

Paper:
Whisper White, Real Red, Designer Series Paper Pattern Love

Ink: Real Red

Accessories:
3/4" Real Red double-stitched grosgrain ribbon (retired), Dimensionals

Tools: Full Heart punch, Scallop Trim Border punch, Modern Label punch

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Stamp Set: With All My Heart

Paper:
Very Vanilla, Real Red, Sending Love DSP (retired - from 2010 Occasions Mini Catalog)

Ink: Real Red

Accessories:
heart brad (retired - from 2010 Occasions Mini Catalog), Dimensionals

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes

Paper:
Whisper White, Real Red

Ink: Real Red

Accessories:
1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon, *NEW* red glimmer paper, Dimensionals

3 comments :

Deb said...

Great Valentine cards! I love them all! I, too, am a fan of the clean and simple style. Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary! I hope you play along again!

Lisa Martz said...

Love your sweet simple valentines. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge

Mary Brown said...

Simple and cute! Love you take of the sketch on your lovebird card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14