Monday, January 10, 2011

2 cards, 1 project...and a whole lot of fun!

Last Saturday, my direct upline and I co-hosted an event at her home where we were showcasing products from the 2011 Mini Occasions Catalog, upcoming Sale-A-Bration, and some Valentine's projects. Each guest created 3 projects and 3 cards for the cost of $15. Andrea, my direct upline and I each created 1/2 of what would be showcased. I designed 2 cards and 1 project. It was a great turn out and lots of fun!

Here are the things I created...

Bold Blossom Card - front

Bold Blossom Card - inside

Stamp Set: Bold Blossom (from the *NEW* 2011 Occasions Mini)

Paper:
Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Brights DSP pack (Old Olive polka dots)

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories:
2-way glue to adhere Dazzling Diamonds glitter (on the butterfly), Rhinestones Jewel Accents, Dimensionals

Tools: 3/4" Circle punch

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This next card was inspired by the amazingly talented, Mary Fish.
Check out her card HERE.


Stamp Set: Punch Bunch (coming soon as part of this year's Sale-A-Bration!), Party Hearty (party hat)

Paper:
Whisper White, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Tangerine Tango

Ink: Night of Navy, Tangerine Tango

Accessories:
Dimensionals, 1/4' Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon

Tools: 1 3/4" Circle punch, Owl punch


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I also was able to design 1 project for this event. I had wanted to make acrylic frame post it note holders that I have seen all over blog land for the the craft bazaars I was a part of last November/December, but I just never got around to it. I thought this event would be the perfect opportunity to have some fun with making these!

The acrylic frames I found at The Dollar Tree and they are 3 1/2 x 5. The pen you see in the picture are the Pentel RSVP pens and was able to place some patterned paper inside the pen to help match the project. I used regular sized post it notes and adhered it to the frame with one strip of Sticky Strip.

I slipped the patterned paper behind the frame and then decorated the rest in a snap! This would make a wonderful gift for a friend or teacher.


Stamp Set: Funky Four (coming soon you will be able to earn this set FREE with Sale-A-Bration)

Paper:
Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Play Date Designer Series Paper

Ink: markers - Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive

Accessories:
1/2" Old Olive Striped Grosgrain ribbon (retired), Dimensionals

Tools: 1 1/4" Circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, Large Scalloped Circle punch

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14