Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Bear

Time for another Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch challenge! One of the things I really like about these weekly challenges is how simple or complex you want your card to be. With the time I had, today I chose simple.

Since we have yet another birthday to celebrate in the month of July, I thought I would use this sketch to direct me towards what I wanted the card to look like.

Here is the sketch...


And here is my take on it...


I think it's cute, but I'm not head over heels crazy about it like I sometimes am when I make a card. I feel I could have probably tweaked it more to make it better, but for a 2-year old little boy this card will be perfect!

All products listed are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted
Paper:
Whisper White, Real Red, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise

Stamp Sets: Cute & Cuddly, Party Hearty, On Your Birthday (sentiment)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Real Red, (image colored in using watercolor pencils with blender pen)
Accessories: American Crafts striped ribbon, sparkly brads (non-SU!), dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (for party hat)
Tools: scallop edge punch, piercing tool, ticket punch

6 comments :

Selene Kempton said...

Beautiful Job!

vicki said...

Very cute card! Hunter is going to love it! Wish we could be there.
Love,
Mom

Dawn said...

I think it's adorable!!! That teddy bear is so cute and I love the striped paper.

Kelli said...

I love it. I love the hat on the bear. I make my first order for SU next week. So excited but so overwhelmed at the same time. What to order first!?

Tanja said...

This really is adorable. Very cute!

Unknown said...

Super cute - love the party hat on the teddy. Great idea! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14